5 Beautiful Kitchen Design Ideas
If you are looking for the ultimate kitchen design ideas to inspire your kitchen renovation, then take a look at our list below. We have also put together a short list of do’s and don’ts for you to consider before you get started.
5 Kitchen Design Ideas
We have compiled 5 of our favourite kitchen design ideas to take your kitchen renovation to the next level. Which one is your favourite?
Farm style feel
Add some country charm to your kitchen design with a warm and natural wood island with storage cabinets below. Built-in shelving gives you added storage for daily kitchen essentials. Notice how the cabinetry mirrors the black tile in the backsplash, and cohesion is created with pops of wood around the space as well as silver cabinet and drawer handles.
You can add a modern industrial feel to your kitchen without compromising on beauty, adding a few small industrial elements like a farm-style sink, grey cabinetry with black handles and cable lighting. The exposed brick and wood details further enforce the raw industrial feel while still maintaining a level of elegance across your kitchen decor.
Creating a modern and elegant space is effortless with the use of black in your kitchen design. Black cabinetry is the perfect canvas on which to showcase modern brass fittings and pairs beautifully with grey vein marble worktops. Another modern kitchen design idea is to add a black sink or black taps that melt seamlessly into the space without distracting from the desired focal point of the room.
Dare to be different with this stylish kitchen design of green subway tile backsplash, Sahara oak panels, and black steel and ribbed glass display cabinets. Add a movable steel island that adds a professional kitchen feel to the heart of your home while creating added workspace when preparing meals. Minimalist wood and steel shelving adorned with pot plants provide a soft contrast to the intense steelwork.
Incorporating white and soft neutrals like grey is an excellent option if you want to create a modern and open kitchen design. White cabinetry with push latches creates seamless cabinetry across the kitchen without adding any unnecessary bulk. Pair with high-end colour-coordinated kitchen appliances and wood features to add visual interest to the space.
Kitchen Design Do’s and Don’ts
We’ve compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts that you should consider when looking for kitchen design ideas. You will need to make many choices while taking your individual needs and desired aesthetic into account.
- Set a realistic budget: Take a look at what you can afford and make sure your budget has a little breathing room. This will ensure you can still make your dream kitchen a reality if something goes wrong.
- Do your research: Know what you want to create, and then take some time to research the cost of your desired cabinetry, plumbing, tiling, appliances and more. Visit some showrooms, look at designers’ portfolios and ask for quotes before making a decision.
- Plan your kitchen layout: Consider needs over wants and functionality over fashion. Your kitchen must be a functional, easy to use space. Well-designed kitchens don’t neglect the good old work triangle placement of your stove, fridge and sink.
- Neglect the finer details: Small elements like non-slip matting in your drawers, drawer inserts to reduce clutter, and whether you will have handles on cabinets or push latches are all essential elements when creating a functional and well-crafted kitchen.
- Avoid tunnel vision: We know you’re excited about the end product and what you want it to look like, but it’s essential to be open to the designer’s suggestion for what might work better in the space or provide more functionality. Sometimes things don’t go to plan, and you will have to make compromises for the greater good of the project.
- Don’t rush the project: Beautiful things take time, and rushing the project means small details may suffer. Beautiful kitchen design ideas require patience as specialists in kitchens and furniture will want to ensure that every detail receives maximum attention for a faultless end product.
Kitchen Design Ideas That’ll Make You Want To Redo Yours
“Happiness is a small house, with a big kitchen.”